Translations.com's Quality Policy
Translations.com is committed not only to providing quality language solutions to meet client requirements, but also to working towards continual improvement in the processes and operations of our own organization and in those of our suppliers.
To this end, Translations.com has established and implemented a rigorous Quality Management System that is fully certified to the ISO 9001 standard. This Quality Management System is fully documented, regularly audited, and evolves on a daily basis with regular input from our staff and clients.
ISO 9001 Certification
Translations.com currently follows a strictly outlined ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management System. In fact, our Quality Management System and documentation far exceeds the requirements of the International Organization for Standardization. The Quality Assurance department at Translations.com constantly measures all of the quantifiable aspects of our business, with a special emphasis on client feedback. Continuous process improvement is achieved through measuring performance and working with senior management on refining our methodology.
BSI, the world's foremost standards, testing, registration, and certification organization, conducted a thorough audit of Translations.com practices including staffing, training, language production, information management, and quality control measures, prior to awarding ISO certification to our three main production hubs (New York, Corvallis, and Barcelona). Strict oversight of Translations.com's other satellite locations is also maintained within the scope of BSI's audits.
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – Translations.com Barcelona
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – Translations.com Corvallis
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – Translations.com's New York
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – TransPerfect Europe
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – TransPerfect North America
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – TransPerfect London
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – TransPerfect Hong Kong
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – iSP Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – Iverson Language Milwaukee
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – TransPerfect Asia Pacific
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – ArchiText Andover (German)
- ISO 9001:2008 Certificate – AD-COM (Canada)
Crimson Language Certifications
Founded in 1992, Crimson is the only translation practice devoted exclusively to Class II and III devices and List A and B IVDs. Crimson is the first translation practice in the world certified to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003 and registered to ISO 14971:2009. Crimson has received official Notified Body recognition for its innovative application of the SAE J2450 translation quality standard. The company's specialized approach to translation risk management is the basis of the industry's only risk management patent (pending). Crimson Language joined the TransPerfect Family of Companies in 2005.
- Patent Pending Risk Management
- ISO 14971:2009 Registration
- ISO 13485:2003 Certification
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- ISO 14971:2000 Endorsement
- Notified Body Endorsement
- Eliminate Distributor Review: Notified Body Approval
EN 15038 Certification
Translations.com’s European production facility also adheres to and has been certified to the requirements of European Norm (EN) 15038:2006. EN 15038:2006 was the world’s first recognized quality standard that specifically defines requirements for Translations and Localization Service Providers (TSPs) and is quickly becoming a standard requirement for European organizations that work with a TSP for translation and localization services.
To receive EN 15038:2006 certification, Translations.com was audited by third-party certifier TÜV SÜD, an internationally recognized, independent certifying organization. TÜV SÜD assessed Translations.com on a variety of factors, as outlined by the CEN, including:
- Linguist and personnel qualifications
- Translation processes and workflows
- Quality management and project management
- Technical resources
- TSP/client communication procedures
As the first quality standard specifically geared towards translation providers, EN 15038:2006 is poised to catalyze a paradigm shift in the industry. Through the auditing process, vendors are armed with a clear set of guidelines for future improvement. Similarly, as more companies certify to 15038, clients will gain an objective set of criteria for distinguishing among vendors.
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – TransPerfect Translations (English) (French) (German) (Spanish)
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – Translations.com (English) (German) (Spanish)
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – ArchiText (English) (German)
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – AD-COM (English)
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – iSP (English)
- EN 15038:2006 Certificate – Overtaal (English)
TransPerfect Industry Certifications and Honors
- ATA Corporate Membership Certificate
- Globalization & Localization Association Certificate
- CAN/CGSB-131.10-2008 - AD-COM
- ORCA Certification
- Woman Owned Business Certificate
- Mayor Bloomberg Proclaims January 15th "TransPerfect Day"